Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Red and White Quilts

I didn't get to see the display of red and white quilts at the Park Avenue Armory in NYC last March (click here for more info) but many of the NSQG members did, and they decided to do their own red and white show at their annual World of Quilts show last weekend.  As I stepped into the gym last Sunday, I was struck by the vibrant contrasts of all that red and white!  See for yourself:

 The variety was amazing!  Some chose to make full sized bed quilts, some used traditional patterns, and some made smaller art quilts.  The one below immediately caught my eye, and after a closer look, I realized it was made by my friend Joyce Sullivan, a talented member of my FANE group.  Isn't it great?
 There were so many, and they were so well done, it was hard to pick a favorite!

No comments: