Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Warming it Up!



This afternoon I got out my new Setacolor paints and foam flower stamps and went wild with some hot colors!  Really warmed things up, didn't it?  This is the second part of my "opposites" piece, so now I'm working with flowers instead of snowflakes.  It's a welcome change!

Earlier this morning, I had the chance to run over to a new closer-to-home JoAnn's Fabrics, and picked up all these sheers in similar hot shades.  This evening I layered them with fusible webbing, so tomorrow I'll be able to start cutting out flower shapes and adding them all over.  This piece is supposed to be finished in one week, so I'm trying to make the most of each day.  But if I want to layer it, add some quilting and embellishments, I may need to give myself some extra time.  The NSQG show isn't until early May, so I just might be able to swing that...  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Norma Schlager said...

Can't wait to see where you're going with this. It certainly looks promising!