Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday


This was one of those weeks when I really had to force myself to sit down and think of things I'm thankful for.  Why is it so easy to see the negative instead of the positive?  I came across something on Pinterest that said, "It doesn't matter whether the glass is half empty or half full - Be grateful you have a glass and there's something in it!"  So rather than complain about the cold weather today, I'll choose to be grateful that spring begins in one week, much of the snow has melted, and I actually saw daffodil shoots pushing up out of the ground yesterday!  Yay!

I also splurged on this Lenten Rose (hellebore) at the grocery store on Sunday.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I'm enjoying it's delicate beauty in the kitchen every morning and I can add it to the garden and look forward to it blooming again every year.

Finally, I'm thankful that I had the day off work today, and I actually spent it (mostly) doing things for myself (although I did change the bedsheets, do a couple of loads of wash, and made a quick trip to the grocery store...).  But I got to spend most of the day involved in my next art project, which I'll post at another time.  Meanwhile, here's another spot of green from my kitchen - I finally found a petite fern to fit inside this little teacup.  Isn't it cute and cheerful?  Although I'm thinking it might need a little something whimsical added to it, like a rock with a word on it, or a little polyclay figure or something...

No comments: