Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday


Here are five things I'm thankful for this week:
  1. My new garden:   Summer has become somewhat stressful for me ever since I started working and this summer has seemed particularly so.  It's been great to wander down to the garden a couple of times a day to escape from the emotional drama typical of a house with three teenage girls.  The garden looks better every day and it is just the diversion and peaceful escape I hoped it would be!
  2. Cassie:  Sometimes it seems like Cassie (and Mark, of course) is the only one glad to see me when I get home from work!  She never complains or badgers me with requests.  She is always attentive and affectionate, sometimes playful, but always happy to be in my company.
  3. My home:  There are three good things about our house:  location, location, location!  We live on a pretty lake in a safe and friendly neighborhood in nice family-oriented middle class town.  It's picturesque and offers just the right balance between country and suburb.  I'm very fortunate to have made a home here!
  4. Mark's job:   As much as I enjoy my job, the salary would not be nearly enough to meet the needs of our growing family.  Mark's job as an IT project manager is tough, but he is good at it and it makes our lifestyle what it is.  We are so fortunate to be able to buy whatever we want at the grocery store, to always have a surplus of food in the fridge and pantry, and to be able to buy all the things the girls need (and even some of the things they don't).
  5. Physical Therapy:   I have been having terrible SI joint dysfunction pain in my hips on and off since January.  It's been particularly bad since April and I often have trouble walking after spending a night in bed.  In June, I finally saw my doctor, had x-rays taken, and was prescribed PT twice a week.  I've only gone one full week and I'm already feeling so much better!  My hips have been moved back into realignment and my muscles are beginning to get back to where they need to be.  I am doubly relieved - from the pain, and knowing I'll be able to control it with exercise.
How about you - what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: