Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Confessions of a Craft-a-holic

Every few weeks or so I get the itch to mosey on down to one of the local craft stores to see what's new and what's on sale.  I've been going less and less, as my stash is quite sufficient and I really prefer to use what I have rather than buy more, to save on time, money, and storage space.  But this week Michael's sent out a "25% off your entire purchase" coupon through e-mail and it was sort of burning a hole in my pocket, so I gave into temptation and went over there this afternoon.  I had just spent about 4 hours cleaning the house, so I figured I deserved a little pick-me-up.

Not only have I not been buying craft supplies lately, I haven't really been creating very much.  I think I've just been needing a little down time to read, chill out and recharge my batteries.  I've been thinking about some new themes for charm bracelets and the one in particular that I've been ruminating on is a sort of tropical "Margaritaville" theme.  I thought maybe a lime green and hot pink color scheme with things like margaritas, lime wedges, flip flops, and palm trees.  But for some reason, I wasn't inspired enough to begin.  Today at Michael's, I came across the colored stone beads in the center of the picture above, and thought maybe adding citrus colors like yellow and orange would make it even better!  So I bought those, as well as the smaller blue and green glass beads next to them, and the woven ribbon to the right of that.  After dinner, I even spent a little time rolling the ribbon into beads, as you can see.  I went through my stash and found some yellow and orange glass fish, lots of lime green buttons, some brightly colored mini dice, and shiny plastic flower beads.  The colors look great together, don't they?

But of course, I couldn't leave the store with only the beads and ribbon - I had to squeeze as much out of that coupon as I possibly could!  So I meandered through the stamp aisle and found some nice background stamps that were on sale and got a few more bricks of polymer clay.  I was able to use a 50% off one item coupon as well, and picked up a nice variety pack of pearl-ex powders to use with the clay.   Maybe I'll get up real early tomorrow and start playing with all that fun new stuff!  What plans do you have for the weekend?

No comments: