Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

This weekend I celebrated my birthday! It's kind of funny that my mother was in labor on Labor Day, and now every year I get the extra gift of a three-day weekend to celebrate. Saturday I had the day to myself, as my other half took the girls and some friends to a water/amusement park in nearby Connecticut. I've decided to really focus on crafting some more charm bracelets and fabric coasters this fall, in an effort to sell them on ETSY as well as at the PAC holiday sale, and I needed to replenish some of my supplies of beads and jewelry findings. To that end, I visited all three of the local craft/fabric stores over the course of the weekend and had fun choosing some new beads and even adding a couple of new fabrics to my stash. Today I was able to spend some time playing with all my cool new stuff. I'll share some photos of the jewelry soon.

I was also treated to a visit from my parents, who had a chance to stop off at the library for a few minutes to see the FANE show. I took them to see my middle daughter cheer at a football game, and then we had a nice grilled dinner at home, followed by my favorite Chocolate Truffle Bomb cake. Last but not least, I was given my very own brand new hardcover copy of the book A Dance With Dragons, (see previous post) so now I don't have to wait for my copy from the library! Hope you all had a great weekend too! Tomorrow it's back to school!

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Happy, happy birthday, Cindy! Sounds like you had a well-deserved, wonderful day. I hope it's the start to a great year.