Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Colorful Show


I'm pleased to announce the opening of the FiberArts North East group's third annual show at the Mahopac Public Library! The show runs through September 30th and includes 28 9"x 20" fiber art pieces. My group members and I were challenged to create a piece with those dimensions, using predominantly one color, and a variety of shades and tones within that color. Pieces could be hung either vertically or horizontally.

The show looks fantastic! As one of my co-artists said, "the artwork gets better every year!" Of course, we are all growing as artists and it shows. Our sense of design as well as technical execution all show tremendous growth. I'm always so impressed by the creativity and imagination that my fellow artists possess. The unique way each artist interpreted the show guidelines is truly amazing. Each piece is visually alluring and the show as a whole is stunning! If you're in the area, don't miss it. Come on Saturday, September 17th from 2-4 pm to meet the artists and share some light refreshments!

(For those of you who are not local, I post some photos of the show soon!)

No comments: