Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Green & Yellow Charms

These are the various charms I created for the latest monthly color swap in the yahoo art charms group. I thought I would just go through my green and yellow beads and string some on a head pin to make some quick dangles, but that didn't satisfy me for some reason - too easy or too boring or something (I guess I like to try new challenging things). So I made three of the yellow dangles on the left, three of the shamrocks, and three of the "life" leaves (they are polymer clay stamped and accented with gold acrylic paint). I'll send five of the rolled fabric beads (the fabric scrap with the bees on it was just perfect, I thought) and nine of the fabric leaves on the right. All together, I think they make a nice cheerful reminder of spring about to come, don't you agree?

Now my worktable is completely bare of all charm and jewelry-making tools and supplies and I'll be ready to dive into my next fiber art project. Hope I can get a good start on it on Friday, my day off! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: