Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Changing Colors

Ta-dah! Here is the bracelet I made using a few of my own charms, plus charms I received from my last few swaps. The themes were "red/pink" and "all hearts," so together I was able to make this amazing bracelet, just in time for Valentine's Day!

I was also able to get the book below from the library just in time for the weekend. It has some nice ideas for using fabric, ribbon, and cording to make beads and charms. You can see it on Amazon by clicking here.It inspired me to make some more progress on the green/yellow swap I signed up for. To make the leaf charms below, I cut Timtex interfacing into little leaf shapes and wrapped them in a sparkly green fabric. I fused another leaf-shaped piece of fabric on top to cover the raw edges. After fusing everything, I stitched a zig-zag around the edge and free-motioned some veins using a metallic gold thread. Then I added an eyelet and a flower button dangle.
I have 10 of this style and six others. Cute, huh? I like them! I kind of did an assembly line, so they came together pretty quickly. Now I'm finishing up my final 7 charms using some rolled fabric beads. I'll share those when they're finished, and then I'll put all my charm-making tools and materials away for a while and get moving on my large fiber art piece. Can't wait to get started on that!

1 comment:

Norma Schlager said...

The charm bracelet is fabulous and I love the little green leaf charms. I don't know how you can work so small.
Can't wait to see what you do with your totem. I assume that's what you're doing next. Mine is finally finished and on my blog.