Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Out with the old...

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day weekend! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, mainly because we make lists of what we're thankful for instead of what we wish for, but also because of all the delicious food! I was able to spend the weekend with my parents, my sisters and their families, and my own family. Altogether there were 8 adults, 5 children and 3 dogs! Cassie took her first long car trip and did great! Everyone was very impressed with how mellow she was while my 2-year-old nephew tugged at her ears and tail. She really is very good natured.

So now that my favorite holiday is over, it's time to start making the lists and checking them twice (or 3 or 4 times!). Always on my list for the first week of advent is putting some lights and decorations on the outside of the house. So here is our new wreath! It was nearly torn apart by my very good natured dog who jumped into the back of the car and came out with it in her mouth! But I was able to get it away from her without any damage and get it safely on the door out of her reach.









Here is the door with the pine roping and lights around the frame and down the railing of our front walkway. Now all we need is a little snow!















Speaking of snow, here is a shot from Thanksgiving Day! We were in eastern Pennsylvania. It was cold and wet falling, and we weren't really dressed for it, but it sure looked pretty! It was all gone by that evening. There's something magical about a little dusting of snow - it just transforms an ordinary scene into a fairyland.

No comments: