Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holiday Bookmarks

This cold weather has got me thinking about the upcoming holidays, so I've been playing around and making bookmarks in holiday colors. As you can see, the paper-cloth was in shades of red this time, stamped with copperish gold and dark green. I cut it into strips and added a little more stamping, then placed it on a stiff glittery felt and free-motion stitched some designs and around the edges. The town arts council (of which I'm a member - not very active, but still a member) has a holiday sale every year. You have to be invited to contribute artsy things to sell, but I'm thinking maybe I'll contact someone and see if these could be included. Of course, the arts center takes a cut, so I'll have to price them accordingly, but maybe I should make a dozen or so and take them over there... I also need to find a professional looking and efficient way of labeling the back with my contact information. I'm investigating options now - anyone got any ideas?

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

I really like these. Yes, definitely make a call and see what you can do to get these babies out on the tables and sold! Can you wrap them in cellophane for presentation (and to keep them clean)?

Vivien Zepf said...

Oops, I also meant to say ... put a mini-version of your business card on the back if you can.