Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kimono Embellishment


I used copper wire, glass beads, and tulle to create this dragonfly to adorn my kimono.  This is the third time I've used Sulky Solvy (a water soluble stabilizer I used on the wings), and I have to say, I'm starting to love that stuff! (I also used it last year on my totem).   I was able to trace the wing vein pattern onto it, then layer it between two pieces of tulle.  It really makes the whole process much easier, with great results!  I hope to have a shot of the completed kimono by Thursday... yikes, that's tomorrow!

1 comment:

norma said...

He is bee-u-ti-ful!! Can't wait to see the kimono tonight.