For the piece I'm working on now, the "kimono," I wanted a range of yellow and green fabrics, and some with a little of both. I pulled some from my stash, bought a couple more, and altered some others to get even more choices. Above, I had this nice leaf batik with a pale ivory background. I dyed a section of it with yellow acrylic inks mixed with water to get the piece on the right.
Below, I picked up these two commercial fabrics that looked almost hand-dyed. They had some nice color variations, but I wanted a little more texture. I stamped them with two different commercial stamps and acrylic paints.
This piece of sage green fabric had almost a flocked texture, with this swirl pattern etched into it. I wanted it to have more yellow, so I painted in the swirls on one section with yellow acrylic paints.
The piece below is some sheer man-made fabric. I knew it wouldn't take paint or ink very well, so I added some yellow stitching in wavy lines.
Here's another peek at the piece in progress with some of the stamped, painted and stitched fabrics. So far I like the way it's coming along...