- ... that we got significant snow before Thanksgiving two years in a row
- ... that Con Ed and other local power companies have not fully restored power to some people in the NY area
- ... the extreme devastation in Staten Island and the coastal areas of New Jersey around Atlantic City from Hurricane Sandy
- ... that a majority of American voters put President Obama back in office for another four years
- ... that 94% of blacks voted for him (racism is obviously alive and well in the USA)
- ... that President Obama has already issued 155 Executive Orders in his first four years (FDR issued 11 in 16 years, George W. Bush issued 62 in 8 years: can you say "dictatorship"?)
Even though current life has not yet changed (the sun still rises on schedule, the girls still go to school, my DH and I still have jobs and a home, food and gasoline are still available), all week I have felt this overwhelming sense of doom. I have a terrible feeling very hard times are coming and although some Americans realize this, the majortiy are completely clueless, and actually celebrating it... I always thought right would prevail but again and again I see people choosing death over life, lies over truth. I have lost faith in my fellow Americans. I can't help feeling we are turning our backs on God, and praying that He will not turn His back on us...
The world looks very cold and gray today.
Lead us from death to life,
from falsehood to truth,
from despair to hope,
from fear to trust.
Lead us from hatred to love,
from war to peace,
Let peace fill our heart,
let peace fill our world,
let peace fill our universe.