(until the next storm, a nor'easter which is supposed to arrive tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed!).
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to finish things up around here. Just before the power clicked off last Monday, I took the final machine stitches on "Summer's End", which I started back in September. I had been working on the hand quilting and embroidery embellishments over the last few weeks and finally decided it was done and needed to begin its new life as a pillow. It adds a nice touch of color to our casual downstairs couch, as you can see below. I made it an envelope-style cover so it was easy to make and I can still take it off if it needs to be cleaned. I'm running out of wall space and you can probably never have too many pillows!