Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blue Skies

Our electricity came back on Saturday afternoon and things are almost back to normal.  The girls are back in school, programs are running at the library again, and I've restocked the fridge.  Life is good...
(until the next storm, a nor'easter which is supposed to arrive tomorrow!  Keep your fingers crossed!).

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to finish things up around here.  Just before the power clicked off last Monday, I took the final machine stitches on "Summer's End", which I started back in September.  I had been working on the hand quilting and embroidery embellishments over the last few weeks and finally decided it was done and needed to begin its new life as a pillow.  It adds a nice touch of color to our casual downstairs couch, as you can see below.  I made it an envelope-style cover so it was easy to make and I can still take it off if it needs to be cleaned.  I'm running out of wall space and you can probably never have too many pillows!
I also created another winter-themed charm bracelet, this one in white, silver and crystal, below.  I didn't thing I'd like this so much, since it lacks any real color, but I find it makes up for it with shine and sparkle.  It was really fun to make and I've already started on a second one.
 Finally, I started photographing some of these so I can send them over to the Putnam Arts Council for consideration in their annual holiday sale.  It usually opens at the end of November, so I'm right on time.  I made a few earrings too, as you can see below.  The next step will be figuring out how to display everything at the sale and deciding on packaging (typical white gift boxes?  sheer fabric pouches?  I'm not sure...).

Anyway, that's what's been going on in this neck of the woods.  Hope you all survived the storm and that the next one will be a piece of cake in comparison!   By the way, did you vote?  Every vote counts, so get out there and make your voice heard!

No comments: