Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Refreshments

 I started playing around with polymer clay again and came up with a few new tropical Margaritaville charms.  I made a cane out of lime green clay and sliced it to come up with the above lime slices.  Don't they look good enough to eat?

I also studied the photo of the margaritas on Inedible Jewelry and did some web research on using translucent polymer clay.  A little secret I picked up, which did seem to help, is that if you drop the baked items immediately into cold water after removing them from the oven, the clay will cure clearer.  I tried it, and I like the results - these margaritas are much improved on my first attempt.  I also mixed the translucent clay with the lime green clay to form the top portion of the glass.  Makes it look more like a liquid.  Now I'll feel more confident putting these on bracelet!
 While I was at it, I thought I might play around with some other summer beverages.  I have friend who prefers pina coladas.  What do you think of these?
Makes me want to get out the blender and mix up a few for myself!  Maybe later (it's only 11 am!)  Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Love the pina colada earrings, though that's my preferred drink as well, so I'm biased.