Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Going Retro-Bohemian & Postal!

Although I spent a good amount of time reorganizing my creative space this weekend, and I'm not even halfway done with the job, I decided to take a break from that type of work and play a little this afternoon.  And I finally finished my latest bracelet!  It was inspired by the late 60's - early 70's denim & suede combo, so it's got a retro-bohemian look to it, with peace signs, flowers, & hearts made from natural materials like wood, copper, ceramic, stone, and denim.  It was really fun to create and I love the way it turned out!  Here's a closer look:
 I took a strip of denim and wove it in and out of the links; I think that adds just the right amount of distressed ruggedness and contrast.  How do you like the stamp charm?  I had a bunch of blue and brown stamps that I saved just for this bracelet.  The Liberty Bell reminds me of all the bicentennial celebrations in '76.  The whole thing really takes me back to that time period.

In addition to finishing that, I mailed my charms for the "going postal" swap.  I just decoupaged stamps onto wooden beads, like these below...
or onto round wood discs like these.  I added the beaded dangles as you see here.  My favorite is the Canadian stamp with Queen Elizabeth on it - just in time for her Golden Jubilee celebration.  I thought about keeping that one for myself (the little rose is made of polymer clay) but I don't wear purple much and I'm sure the recipient will get a kick out of it.  Now back to cleaning and reorganizing!


No comments: