Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Free Stuff!

I made a quick run to K-mart this morning before work to pick up some odds and ends: snacks for my daughter's trip to Washington D.C. next week, Easter candy, some cleaning supplies, toothpaste, shampoo. I went to check out and gave the cashier my "Shop Your Way Rewards" card, which I show every time we purchase something at K-mart or Sears. I knew I had accrued some major points, since we bought the refrigerator at Sears, and I figured I may as well use them towards this purchase. All the stuff above came to about $43, but I didn't have to pay a dime! My points covered the whole thing, and then some! It sure is nice to get something free! Made my day!

Yesterday I also rambled on over to Kohl's to use my $30 Kohl's cash I earned after spending a hefty sum on spring clothes for the girls. Look what I got for myself:
It was marked $90, discounted to about $54 and I got it for $24. Not bad! I'll wear it for Easter and other special days this spring (we have a First Communion in May and two "moving-up" days in June). I hardly ever wear dresses anymore, but it's nice to get a new spring dress once in a while. Now I have about 3 weeks to firm up my upper arms so I don't look completely flabby (I should be able to tone up and drop a few pounds in 3 weeks, right? If not, I have a pretty cardigan sweater I'll keep handy...)

No comments: