Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cross Currents


Even though I had a long day, I felt like sitting down and playing with some of my materials tonight. I started with a piece of canvas I had painted with watered down acrylic paints in shades of aqua and turquoise. I laid three strips of an aqua ribbon with an interesting texture across the canvas and noticed the lines the textured ribbon created. I followed those with the sewing machine as I stitched the ribbons on, going back and forth diagonally across the canvas. Then I couched on some wavy yarn in a darker turquoise color. I think I'll call it "Cross Currents: wave theory." I like the way the various stitches and lines cut across each other in an undulating way. It reminds me of the caribbean! And now I have another interesting piece to add to the sketchbook...

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

I REALLY like this piece, Cindy! Amazing what strong results you can get from relatively simple items.