Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day craft

Here is the completed Valentine's Day craft I mentioned yesterday. It is rare that I start and finish a project all in one day, even if it is a "quick" postcard or craft. As you can see from the photo, I have this decorative mantle shelf on the wall in the dining area and I try to change the display items seasonally. I stitched up the little puffy heart garland to hang here. I switched out the white candles for red, and now suddenly it's Valentine's Day! All it needs is some red roses, what do you think?



Here are some closer views. The hearts are about 3 or 4 inches in width and height. I was considering making some red, white and pink paper-cloth, but found so much nice fabric in my stash leftover from other Valentine's projects, that I decided to stick to just fabric, rick-rack, ribbons and lace. I'm happy with the results.




























And here is the sunrise this morning, much brighter compared to yesterday. We have a 2-hour school delay, so I have enough time to shovel the driveway again, make lunches, and shower before I have to get to work for an afternoon class.





And here is one more photo from yesterday. I really like this one and wanted to include it, but didn't realize I'd left it out until the post was almost finished, and with this blog program, you don't have the ability to move a photo; they all go to the top.

Doesn't this one look kind of dreamy and quiet?


No comments: