Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Playing with that scanner again...


A few months back, I came across this faded photo of my older sister and myself (I'm the one making the funny face). It was taken at place called Open Woods Lake just outside of Honesdale, PA. We used to spend a few weeks there every summer until about 1968, when the owners sold the place. I just love the photo, but the original is not long for this world. I've been meaning to scan it in and play with the editing software to see how I might recapture some of the original color and detail. Below is the resulting photo. Amazing, right? (Does this count as art for today?)

2 comments:

Virginia said...

An adorable photo! In my book it counts -- it's a creative act of altering something -- and well done! How did you do this? I have so many photos like this I would like rescue!

Diane M. McKnight, MA, LMSW, Art Therapist/Psychotherapist/Artist said...

Of course it counts. You brought magic back to a wonderful memory and that is food for your creative soul any day! I love the hairdoos!