Here is a small sneak peek at what I've been working on since last week, actually thinking about since September, when Jane Davila gave us this macro-photo-inspired challenge. I toyed with other photos, but kept coming back to this one. I thought about altering the original idea somehow, like making it a different color, or using a different print fabric for each section, but in the end I used solid green fabrics, one a pale green silk, the other a moray tafetta. The background, which shows the veining, is this glittery textured fancy dress fabric I was given by my sister (who sort of inherited a huge amount of scrap fabric from a close family friend). I like the way all three fabrics are different shades of green and have different textures. The veining reflects a lot of light, and brings to mind light falling on leaves and the way that light is transformed and then transported throughout the leaf. I may call the piece "photosynthesis" but my husband thinks that is too obvious a name. Right now I am finishing up all the little hand stitches which indicate the veining; then I will need to layer it and do some machine work. Hope it's done by Thursday's meeting!
Meanwhile, even though I didn't post art every day, I did art most days this month and posted more than I have in any other month since I started blogging over a year ago, so that is something. Art Every Day Month gave me the nudge I needed to finish up several smaller projects, to experiment a little, and to complete things I had on the back burner, like this piece and the Partridge in a Pear tree. So I'd say it was a successful venture for me, and I actually will miss posting on Leah's blog and having so many other new people visit here and comment! All in all, it was a good thing!