Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Catching up...

Aside from the usual creative homemaking I do as par for the course, most of the creative things I did this week involved a camera. First, I managed to capture Cassie (left) and her best friend, morning exercise buddy, and next door neighbor Sophie (right) as they shared a chew stick. They don't stop moving much when they are together so I'm surprised I managed to snap this lucky shot!
I also "creatively" removed all the cobwebs from the back and kitchen windows on Thursday morning, and captured Cassie "helping" me, below. (For some reason, we have an abundance of orb-web builders in our backyard, and helpful as they are for bug control, they leave a mess behind as you can see!) Every fall after the spiders disappear for the season, I clean everything off so I can let as much light in as possible during the dreary winter days ahead.


I took advantage of this gorgeous sunrise that greeted me this morning. We are lucky enough to have a house on a small lake (and I've heard, if you're lucky enough to have a house on the water, you're lucky enough!). I sometimes wonder how photographers can take credit for their nature photos. All I did was push a button, and look what I got! God (and technology) did the rest!

Lastly, I have managed to layer, stitch, embellish and bind three bookmarks, from the paper cloth I mentioned in the previous post. I wanted to add words, and I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the calligraphy I've done here. In the last batch, I printed words onto tracing paper right in our HP printer, but this time it keeps spitting out the paper! I'll keep playing with it, and with other embellishment methods. I think I can get about 20 bookmarks from the paper cloth I made. That should keep me busy for a while...

3 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

I am definitely going to try the paper cloth after seeing your fab results. Your sunset picture is beautiful, too.

Susie said...

I really like your bookmarks. I went to your web page and looked at your fabrications! I absolutely love the one of umbrellas. All of them are great. I just got the book "Stitch Alchemy" about making cloth paper or paper cloth. It sounds majorly messy, but fun.

Vivien Zepf said...

I think that the "bleed" can be pretty cool on your bookmarks. And your sunrise picture is AMAZING!