Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome!

I began blogging at my website, www.cindysartquilts.com, a few months ago, but I found the format to be limiting and didn't post consistently, so I thought I'd try blogger! So here's my first post! I suppose I intend to use this as a record of my creative growth and progress in fabric collage, with the eventual goal of writing and illustrating for children. I sometimes do journal quilts, but again, not on a consistent basis, but when I do, I'll post them here.
I suppose one of the main reasons I am inconsistent with my creative work and blog postings is because I am a working (part-time) mother of three girls and I have difficulty consistently setting aside time. It's more of a grab-as-you-go prospect and I work creatively when I can. Another reason for my sporadic work is that it's summer and they are all home with me for another month, which is a blessing and a challenge at the same time. And summer is also the time I love to spend immersed in a novel (but, I do that in winter as well!) and I'm kind of like an addict when it comes to a good book - can't put it down until I'm done! I just finished the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer so maybe now I'll be able to focus on some of my own creative work! But first, I have to get the kids some dinner!

No comments: