Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Journal Quilt 8/11/08


Last week I read Anne Rice's Christ the Lord: the Road to Cana. I started out making this journal quilt just as it is here, but I intended to incorporate this cool distressed, smashed bottlecap I found in a parking lot. It's so distressed that it didn't look appropriate as the center of this piece. It needed a more formal and meaningful focal point. Reading Anne Rice's book, I guess I had Christ on my mind, and was inspired to fashion a cross out of copper foil. I like the way it shines against the rougher weave of the fabric behind it. I used two upholstery fabric scraps I picked up recently. I love the contrasting textures! (If you enjoy reading about the life of Christ, you may enjoy this Christ the Lord series. The first one is called Out of Egypt. I find them very intriguing because they are written from the point of view of Jesus Christ, and it is interesting being inside His head and imagining along with the author how He thinks. I am looking forward to the third book in the series.)

No comments: