Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Waning Summer...


The summer is quickly drawing to a close. The trees and shrubs along the roadsides seem to be tinged with rust, a precursor of the coming fall. I always look forward to the change in seasons, while also regrettably letting the old season go.
I harvested some lavender last week! What an enjoyable and relaxing task that is! Out in the sunshine with the scent of lavender on the breeze, the drone of bees in the background and butterflies fluttering nearby! It was my second go-round among the four plants we have growing in the front yard. I have been very pleased with the amount of lavender they are producing, as well as the fragrance of the plants and seeds. I hope I have time to create little sachets this fall to give as gifts this winter.
I also created a 5"x5" journal piece incorporating that distressed bottle cap I found a few weeks ago. Here is the result, similar to the previous journal piece:
As you can see, I do enjoy using that burlap! I also used some tree bark, wooden beads, embroidery floss, and the fringed selvage from a striped piece of something shiny. Again, I am just enjoying the contrast in colors and textures.

1 comment:

Laila said...

Wow that is beautiful! It is very crafty! I wish I could do that! =]