Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Ready for Spring?


A few weeks ago, a co-worker asked me if I was ready for spring.  Of course, I answered I had been ready for spring for weeks already!  But then he said that although he was looking forward to spring, he still hadn't finished his winter indoor projects, which got me thinking - neither had I!  Once January hits and the holidays are over, it's the perfect time to tackle all the repairing and redecorating projects around the house.  Here it is, April already, the weather is warming up, but we're still finishing up our indoor projects.

Here is my daughter's bedroom makeover, almost fully completed.  We bought the paint way back on Valentine's Day, but finally got the room all prepped and painted it a few weeks ago.  We still have a few shelves to rehang, but other than that, it came together nicely.  The big change was painting the ceiling that dark blue to look like the night sky.  I was afraid it would make the room look small, but I really like it!  The twinkle lights around the perimeter brighten it up too. 

The highlight of the room is this new dresser and lamp, which I picked up at Homegoods while my daughter was away on a school trip for a few days.  It was a great price and replaces a repurposed, huge TV armoir that was in there overpowering the room.  This one is so much better!  The lamp even has dangly prisms (hard to see in this photo) and fits perfectly with her love for sparkly crystals!


We also replaced a messy desk with two smaller book shelves.  She had gotten the cool sherpa chair as a Christmas gift, and it's a great place to hang out and do homework.  This is where we need to hang a few more shelves, but then it'll be all done and we can focus on the outdoors...


1 comment:

Norma Schlager said...

So delightfully "girlie"! She must love it. There was a girl's bedroom on House of Cards with the same twinkle lights around the top and I immediately thought of your blog.