Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

On this very chilly Thursday morning, I find myself being thankful for the little things...

Toasty flannel sheets in warm autumn colors,

... the sun sparkling off the lake...

...a day off from work, with no appointments scheduled (not one!).  I have five whole hours alone in the house to do whatever I choose (and it won't be cooking, cleaning, or grocery shopping!).

I made myself a nice hot breakfast and now I'm going to head down to my creative space to while away the time.  Since my last post, I've found enough inspiration to create these little gift tags/ornaments, like the ones in the Quilting Arts Gifts challenge (see this post for more info).  They're quick and fun!  I get to play with a lot of stuff in my stash and they do double duty as a gift tag and a tree ornament.

As soon as I finish this post, I plan on getting to one of my goals for the year which was to try out my silver art clay kit, which was my big Christmas gift last year!  Yesterday I finally picked up the butane you need to fire the torch, I watched the included DVD last night, and now I'm ready to go! 
What are you feeling thankful for today?

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Lovely gift tags!

I'm thankful for my health -- as confirmed by my doctor today.