Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

My Creation for Today

Yes, it's my hubby's birthday. He loves mocha cake and I usually just order one from the grocery store bakery, but my friend and neighbor, whose delicious baked goods I have had the pleasure of enjoying, gave me some tips on getting a good strong mocha flavor in the butter cream frosting. I tried it and it worked! The ingredients are
  • one stick butter, softened
  • 3 1/2 C confectioner's sugar
  • 3 T unsweetened baker's cocoa (powdered)
  • 1 T milk
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 2 T strong coffee with 1 t instant coffee dissolved in it
Beat all the ingredients until smooth.

I actually made two batches of the frosting. There was a little extra of the 2nd batch so I added 2 T of cocoa to that and used it for the edging and the words. Can't wait to taste it!

Happy birthday, darling!

2 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

How'd it taste? Looks good!

Cindy Green said...

It was one of my best efforts! I may have to make another one for Father's Day (except I also have to start laying off the desserts!)