Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

13 Years ago today...

...I had a little Christmas miracle of my own! My water broke at 11:30 pm on December 23rd, 1996 but I was in labor for more than 12 hours, walking the hospital halls in hopes of hurrying along the delivery, when I finally broke down and took the pitocin and epidural. I remember looking at the clock (after another 12 hours) at 11:45 pm on Christmas Eve and thinking, "I'm not gonna make it!" and I was right. She made her appearance at 3:14 am and I remember the doctors and nurses having a good laugh when Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" coincidentally started to play on the homemade tape we brought with us. It was surely a memorable night, and now we celebrate more than Christmas every year, although, I have to admit, her birthday often gets lost in the excitement of the day. But I do manage to bake a homemade cake for her every year, with delicious buttercream frosting (this year I used the Ghirardelli baking cocoa - to die for!) and she always gets a few extra gifts to open. I hope to take her (or possibly the whole family) to NY to see "Wicked" some time soon. (It's hard to believe that picture was taken 13 years ago! A teenager, already? And she's already taller than me!)
And by the way, I am really enjoying the scanner more and more, as you can see. The baby picture was, of course, not digital, but now I can post anything and save them on disc permanently!

No comments: