These are some of the projects I've been working on this week. Quiltingarts.com is featuring a charm swap this month, based on an article by Elin Waterston. So I got out some of my fun craft supplies and got started!
Above are some of the charms I came up with that I may swap. Materials I used are buttons (I particularly like the button fruit on top), glass beads, copper wire, Sculpey clay, stamps, pearl ex powder, shrink film and fabric. I found those dragonfly wing beads at a local craft store and made several of those dragonflies. It's kind of addicting!
I then decided take it one step further and actually make the bracelet, so I pulled out some jute cording and brushed up on my macrame skills (below). I made the pink and yellow one first, as a sample for a program I may teach at the library this summer. I happened to have a scrap of that pink fleece with the hearts already embroidered on, so I put two together and stuffed it. I also used colorful wooden beads from a set belonging to my daughter, and seashells. All of the charms were simply tied onto the macrame bracelet. The final bracelet is a birthday gift for someone...I also stamped and stitched, and used birch bark as well as wooden shapes from the dollar store that were drilled, painted, stamped and/or decoupaged with fabric. Maybe I've had enough fun with charms for a while...I should probably get these in the mail and get back to work on something for my portfolio!