Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Other creations...


In addition to making art quilts, I occasionally foray into the field of stuffed animals and hand puppets, especially when it comes to my current job in the children's department of my local public library. Here are some samples of things I've created in the past two years. The taller light blue bird you may recognize from Mo Willems' "Pigeon" books. His "Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" won the Caldecott Medal a few years ago and I decided he (the pigeon) might make a nice addition to the Toddler programs I do at the library. The green furry guy is fondly known as "Dewey" and was quite the popular character around the library this summer. Every week he was hidden in a different spot in the library and when a child whispered his location to a Youth Services librarian, they received a special sticker with Dewey's picture on it. (If I could manufacture these quickly and sell them...!) The other hand puppets include a blackbird and a turkey, both used in my "Mother Goose" library programs for children ages 13 mos to 23 mos. The puppets really seem to add a lot to the little rhymes and fingerplays I use in the programs and the kids get really excited to be able to see and touch these furry little critters!

1 comment:

Nancy Cusumano said...

I have a huge pile of lavender too - hope I will have the time to do something with it. Love your posts! You are so creative it just kills me. Where do you find the time???