Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

A walk in the woods...


Here is another piece I finished recently. I am only showing a portion of the whole because this may end up as a Christmas gift for a relative! I call it "Watch Your Step." It was inspired by walks in the woods near our shared vacation home in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. I actually started it about two years ago and got bogged down in some of the hand stitching. I recently came across it again and decided to change the original plan (thus eliminating some of that pesky hand embroidery) in order to get it finished more quickly. It still incorporates all the forest elements in the original plan, and despite the "cheater" ferns, I think it evokes the lush dampness and shade of the forest floor. It is currently displayed in our hall bath (will I be willing to give it up come Christmas...?)

No comments: