Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter Reality, Spring Dreams


More wintry weather left us with another coating of snow and ice, early school closings, and a free afternoon.   I put a few final touches on the second layer of my tunnel book.  It's been fun dreaming of all these spring flowers while the weather outside is so nasty.  Here's what it looks like:


Here are a few close-ups of my favorite parts:  the ribbon irises, a row of daffodils, and an embroidered robin...

and a weeping cherry tree leaning over a birdbath fountain.  I found this thread-wrapped wire to use for the branches and knotted on some pink seed beads. The fountain is a piece of wire and a sheer fabric scrap.  I still want to add a little bird sitting on the rim of the birdbath.


Here's what the two layers will look like placed one over the other.  I need to create one more window-like layer and then a solid background.  How many months left til spring?

No comments: