Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Race against time

I've been trying to discipline myself to use every spare moment to work on this piece for the June 15th deadline at Art Quilts: Lowell. I know I'll be very disappointed in myself if I'm unable to submit. Here are a few shots of the progress I made in the past week. What I've accomplished:
  • Stitched on some sheers and laces to serve as background coral formations;
  • Added some more branches to the central orange coral to make it a little bigger;
  • Stitched some of the coral pieces together to hold them;
  • Made a few more fish - fairy basslets and bluehead wrasses;
  • Couched and free-motioned another brain coral and attached it to the first;
  • Added yarn in the foreground for texture.
I feel like I'm moving forward at a good pace, and if I can keep it up, I may be able to make the deadline. Maybe I can give up cooking and cleaning for the next three weeks to make extra time!

No comments: