Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17th already?


Where have the last two weeks gone? What have I been doing? (Spring things: cleaning, shopping for clothes for the girls, taking them for haircuts, spending afternoons outdoors on sunny days, visiting with parents and inlaws on the weekends etc!)
Well, I have been working, but nothing I can share yet, everything still in progress. I have continued to make charms and charm bracelets in anticipation of the class I'll be offering at the library this summer, and also to propose as a craft article for tween magazines. I am sending out query letters soon...
I'm also working on a project I've wanted to try for a long time. I am making a little (4"x 6") 8-page book out of one sheet of fabric, as detailed in a video demonstration by Jane Davila (watch a portion of it here). I'll publish pictures when it's done...the topic is "spring" and I have four pages completed. It's really fun to create, but I'm incorporating a lot of hand work, so it's slow going. Don't know what I'll do with it when it's done...
And lastly, I've been reading. I'm currently in the middle of The Princess Bride, one of my favorite movies, but I've never read the book until now. And I just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - really absorbing, couldn't put it down.

2 comments:

Nancy Cusumano said...

I loved water for elephants, too!
Great book.

Vivien Zepf said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, Cindy. Can't wait to see the book you create. How cool!

I also loved Water for Elephants; couldn't put it down. And, guess what, I also have The Princess Bride on my nightstand! I've only just started it. Have you read The Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? It's wonderful.